Production planning is a breeze in Sembrent
Production is scheduled by creating planned lots as many days or months in advance as you want. Creating a planned lot literally takes seconds.
There are 4 simple steps to create a lot.
- Select a product
- Select one of the product’s production plans
- Enter the quantity you want to end up with
- Enter the week or date when you want it to be ready for sale
Now let’s say that you want this product to be released for sale again and again throughout the gardening season. Easy. Just duplicate the lot you created with a different ready date. You can also adjust the quantity.
Let’s take a quick look at everything that happens when you create or duplicate a lot.
- A lot is created a lot that’s scheduled to be ready for sale on the exact day you want it with the desired end quantity
- All life cycle dates have been calculated so you’ll know when to sow (or plant) and when to transplant to meet your target ready for sale date
- All parts usage has been calculated for every step in the production life cycle, accounting for expected survivability and transplants between containers with different cell counts
- All the parts used in production (e.g., containers, seeds, tags) are scheduled to have the quantities needed pulled from inventory on the dates they’re needed
- All life cycle, or production, events (e.g., sowing, transplanting) are created and scheduled for the dates they need to occur on to meet the release for sale date